1. a) Your manager has a natural style of leadership. State and discuss the problems that could arise when your manager is not prepared to change his natural leadership style. [2 Marks]
2. b) Your manager is concerned about the high accident rate in your workshop as a result of unsafe acts of the workers. Name the types of unsafe acts you would look for in your department. [2 Marks]
NO PLAGIARISM IN THE ANSWER.
DO NOT WRITE THE ANSWERS USE WORD FORMAT.
Define power, influence and authorities and explain their importance in organisational life. [1 Mark]
DO NOT WRITE THE ANSWER USE WORD FORMAT.
182) An employee gives notice due to ill health. Six months later you hear they are working at the local hardware store, part-time, as a sales assistant. Would you include them in your staff turnover figure? Explain reasons where you would and would not include them.
183) An employee gives notice due to ill health. Six months later you hear they are working at the local hardware store, part-time, as a sales assistant. Would you include them in your staff turnover figure? Explain reasons where you would and would not include them.
184) Define and discuss corporate social responsibility. Consider Milton Friedman's approach to this theory
185) Identify one ancient Christian community living or serving in an Islamic majority context, such as Coptic, Marionite, Chaldean, Armenian, etc. Compare and contrast how this ancient community practices similar rituals as the Five Pillars of Islam.
187) Which one is direct or indirect speech -Does Tom like Italian food? andDo you know if Tom likes Italian food?
188) Which one is direct or indirect speech -Does Tom like Italian food? andDo you know if Tom likes Italian food?
189) Can you think of a specific situation in which you have selected a supplier, whether as a consumer or a buyer for an organization in a professional situation? What was the specific situation? What method did you use?
190) Identify a motivational theory. What is the theory founded upon? How does it conjure motivation? Does the theory suggest that motivation leads to performance of some sort? In the context as a corporate employer, would the theory suggest that motivation will lead to performance if incentive pay is aligned accordingly with effort/output?
191) 1. Select an OM technique that you have never used before to improve the performance a current operation which is job-related. Explain why this OM method is of particular interest to you. you must present the current situation, the future situation after the improvement is made, and projected benefit(s) (monetary or non-monetary).
2. Develop a plan to implement the OM technique you select in (2). Your plan should include a time phase Gantt chart showing tasks to be performed and a time line for each task. Describe the tasks in detail to see if each task can be feasibly executed within time frame given.
192) Post a summary of your thoughts regarding your experience with a failed change effort in an organization. Include a description of the circumstances surrounding the change, an analysis of what, if anything, could have been done to sustain the change. Explain how at least one thing you learned this week can be effectively implemented and will help to sustain a change in an organization in this type of situation in the future.
193) One of your staff members has been asked to give two speeches. Details
are as follows:
? first speech large target audience; objective: to inform them of
company progress over the past year; and
? second speech small group of staff in the marketing department;
Write a memorandum in correct format to your staff member and give him
detailed advice on the best audio-visual aids to use for each speech in
order to enhance his presentation. Explain the reasons for your choice and
also how he should use these aids to the best advantage.
Note: Do not write the speeches.(20)
1. 194) Explain what was the role that in the 1980s music (reggae) played in the creation of an alternative black identity for the second generation of black immigrants who migrated to the UK in the 1940s and 1950s when their countries were still colonies of the UK? (watch video The Reggae Map)
2. What is the role of class positions in the participation of children in business activities? Varela points out class matters to explain why immigrants from a working-class background and immigrants from a middle-class background who are business owners see the participation of their children in their business differently. Choose either the middle-class or the working-class perspective and explain how immigrants understand children involvement in their businesses.
3. Why does Gonzales define being undocumented as a master status for the 1.5 generation of young Mexicans?
4. Why does Gonzales point out that being undocumented is a form of legal liminality?
5. Explain why Golash-Boza and Hondagneu-Sotelo point out that deportation policies in the US must be understood as a gendered and racial removal program. Choose one factor and explain it.
6. Les Back says: working class people are not ennobled by class inequalities but they are often damaged by them. (page 83) Explain it.
7. According to Les Back, how does the body become a medium and a fleshy canvas through and on which belonging, and structures of feeling are expressed?
8. According to Les Back, what is the relation between body, love, language, and memory expressed by working class people in the form of tattoos?
9. According to Zukin, what is the relation between the corporate city as example of modern urbanism and the global, neoliberal city?
10. According to Zukim, what is the relation between the small village as example of modern urbanism and gentrification processes that value authenticity?
11. According to Jackson, why does the Bowling Alley is an example of conviviality in multicultural societies?
One of the most popular questions that students often ask is Where can I get someone to help me handle my assignment Business Case Studies and Report Writing Assignments Online ? or Which is the best and cost friendly website for homework help where tutors give discounts throughout the year? The answer is quite simple; at the den, we do this and so much more. For urgent essays, we also have a competent team that works smart to hack the assignment successfully.