Sketch a simple conceptual model of Pine River Pond showing the
lake, primary inputs, tributaries and removal mechanisms or storage.
Build the Lake Load Management Model for Phosphorus for Pine
Use the land allocation from the DES file. You will need to
match NLCD land use (Links to an external site.) to categories in the
Use the Mean value in the model for coefficients, waterfowl and
Briefly describe how the model works, and answer the following
• List land uses, and any discrepancies between NLCD and
LLRM categories. Why did you select the LLRM category?
What would you do if your region had a land use that was
not listed in the LLRM template?
• How would it change your results is you use the median,
rather than mean?
• Do you think the defaults for septic and waterfowl are
reasonable? How could you get more accurate values for
• What are the predicted concentrations from the model?
How do they compare to the measured concentrations
(from homework 6.
• Are there inputs or sources that are missing from the